Whether you’re a small business looking to develop an app to increase customer engagement or a large company looking to develop an internal tool, there are certain questions that you need to ask any potential app developers.
Asking the right questions upfront will help you ensure that you find the best possible partner for your project and avoid problems later on. To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of important questions you should ask any app development company before closing the deal.
51 Questions you can ask an app developer:
- What is your experience with developing apps?
- Do you have any examples of apps you’ve developed?
- Can I see some examples of your previous work?
- What programming languages do you know how to code in?
- What kind of design experience do you have?
- How well do you know the Apple App Store Review Guidelines?
- Have you ever had an app rejected from the App Store? If so, why?
- How do you handle user feedback and app updates?
- What’s your policy on confidentiality and intellectual property?
- What is your availability like? Can you start immediately?
- Do you work well under pressure and deadlines?
- What are your rates?
- Are there any other costs associated with development (e.g., hosting fees)?
- How do you communicate progress and updates during development?
- What’s included in your maintenance and support plan after launch?
- What happens if I’m not happy with the final product?
- Is there room for revision?
- Do you have any coding boot camps or other relevant certifications?
- What is your process for developing an app?
- How do you price your services?
- Do you have experience with developing similar apps?
- How do you handle project changes and scope creep?
- What tools and technologies do you use?
- Who owns the code once the project is completed?
- How do you test the app before launch?
- What kind of support do you offer after launch?
- Do you have any references I can contact?
- Are you able to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA)?
- Are you able to start work immediately?
- How often will we communicate during the project?
- What are your favorite books/podcasts/websites on technology?
- What other services do you offer?
- How long have you been in business?
- What kind of apps have you developed?
- How much experience do your team members have?
- Are you familiar with my industry?
- What platforms will my app be available on?
- What features do you think my app should have?
- How much will it cost to develop my app?
- How long will it take to develop my app?
- Can you help me with app store optimization?
- Do you offer ongoing maintenance and support?
- What happens if I need to make changes to my app after it’s been published?
- Can you show me some examples of your work?
- Who will be working on my project?
- How do you handle revisions and changes?
- What are your terms of payment?
- When can you start on my project?
- Are you available for maintenance and updates after the launch?
- Will my app need to be compatible with other software or systems?
- Do you have any other questions for me about my project?
Frequently Asked Questions
What does an app developer do?
An app developer creates and maintains apps that users can use on their mobile devices. They design, program, and test the apps to ensure they are user-friendly and meet the needs of customers.
What skills do app developers need?
General skills that app developers need include programming languages such as Java and Swift, object-oriented design, user interface design and user experience, and data management. App developers must also be able to effectively market their apps to potential users.
Does an app developer need coding?
Yes, an app developer needs coding. To create a working app, the developer must use coding languages to write the code for the app. Without coding, the app could do nothing.
Asking the right questions when you talk to app developers is important to finding the right fit for your project. By taking the time to ask these questions, you can get a better idea of who the developers are, what they can do, and whether or not they would be a good fit for your needs.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?