You’ve finally decided to take the plunge and hire a digital marketing agency to help you take your business to the next level. Congratulations! It’s a big step – one that has the potential to pay off in the form of increased traffic, leads, and sales.
But before you sign on the dotted line, it’s important to ask some key questions to make sure you’re hiring the right agency for your needs. Here are the questions you should ask any digital marketing agency before you decide to partner with them.
34 Questions you should ask a digital marketing agency about their organization:
- What is the size of your agency?
- What’s the structure of your agency?
- How long has your agency been in business?
- What are your core services?
- What industries do you specialize in?
- What’s your clientele like?
- Do you have any international clients?
- What experience and expertise does your team have?
- Do you have any in-house specialists?
- Who are your key team members?
- What’s the creative process like in your agency?
- How do you approach project management?
- What project management tools and methods do you use?
- How do you measure success?
- What are your reporting procedures?
- How often do you communicate with your clients?
- What channels do you use for communication?
- What does your customer service look like?
- Do you have any case studies or testimonials from past clients?
- Are you a member of any professional organizations or associations?
- What kind of campaigns have you run in the past?
- What clients have you worked with in the past?
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Have you worked with companies in my industry before?
- If so, can I see some examples of your work?
- Do you have any case studies or testimonials I can read from past clients?
- How often do you update the content on your website and blog?
- What’s your approach to digital marketing?
- How do you measure success?
- How do you go about onboarding new clients?
- Have you won any awards or been recognized by trade publications?
- Have you worked with companies my size before (e.g., small businesses, large enterprises, etc.)?
- Do you have any team members who specialize in certain areas of digital marketing, such as social media, copywriting, or email marketing?
- How often could we meet or chat with this person?
66 Questions you should ask a digital marketing agency about their service:
- What services do you offer?
- How will you help me achieve my business goals?
- Who will be working on my account?
- How often will we communicate?
- What kind of reports will I receive?
- What are your rates?
- What’s your pricing structure?
- Do you have any discounts or special offers?
- What are your cancelation policies?
- Are long-term contracts required?
- Do you offer a la carte services?
- Do you have any payment plans?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- When will I see the results?
- Are your services guaranteed? If not, why not?
- What’s your management process for social media?
- Do you offer anything else that might be beneficial for my business, such as graphic design, web development, etc.?
- What are your deliverables?
- Who will be our main point of contact?
- How often will he/she be available to answer our questions?
- What are your contract terms?
- Are there any minimum commitment requirements?
- How often do you communicate with your clients?
- How long does it usually take to see results from your campaigns?
- What results have you been able to achieve for other clients?
- What tools and technologies do you use?
- What strategies do you recommend for my business?
- What’s included in your monthly retainer fee?
- Do you charge additional fees for services that aren’t included in the retainer agreement?
- How often do you invoice for your services?
- Can you guarantee me a top ranking on Google?
- Are you applying any black hat SEO techniques that could cause my website to be penalized by Google?
- What happens if I’m not satisfied with the results after working with you for a while?
- Can I cancel my contract at any time?
- What’s included in your standard contract?
- How do you go about conducting market research?
- What tools do you use for competitor analysis?
- What methods do you use to generate leads?
- What strategies do you use to optimize conversion?
- What tactics do you use to build brand awareness?
- Do you have experience developing paid media campaigns?
- What are your thoughts on influencer marketing?
- Do you offer content creation services?
- Do you have any experience with email marketing?
- How often will we meet (or talk on the phone) to discuss our campaign goals and progress?
- What happens if we want to make changes to our campaign mid-stream?
- Do you have any special promotions or discounts going on?
- How can you help us close more sales?
- What kind of ROI can we expect?
- What do you think about our existing marketing efforts?
- What can we do better?
- What criteria will you use to measure success?
- What timelines do you typically work with?
- How do you approach creative brainstorming sessions?
- Can you give examples of successful ideas that have come out of these sessions?
- What do you think of our current website?
- What platforms will you use for our digital marketing campaigns?
- Are you offering discounts for long-term contracts?
- What kind of support can we expect after our contract ends?
- How do you go about developing a marketing strategy?
- What platforms do you use for advertising?
- How do you target your advertising?
- What kind of content will you create?
- How often will you post on social media?
- How much influence will I have on the creative process?
- Will you help me develop my brand identity?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you prepare for a meeting with a marketing agency?
To prepare for a meeting with a marketing agency, you should first understand the goals of the meeting. What do the agency and the client want to achieve? Once you are clear about the goals, you can begin to develop a strategy and message that will help you achieve those goals.
You should also be familiar with the agency’s capabilities and what they can offer your client. That way, you can make the most of the meeting and make sure everyone is on the same page. Finally, you should be prepared to answer any questions the agency may have about your client or their business.
What are the four key metrics for measuring digital marketing?
There are four key metrics for measuring digital marketing: website traffic leads generated, conversion rate, and customer retention. Each of these metrics is important to measure the effectiveness of a digital marketing campaign.
Website traffic is a measure of how many people visit your website. This allows you to track the success of your marketing efforts and find out which channels are attracting the most traffic.
The number of leads generated is a measure of how many potential customers have been converted into actual customers through your marketing efforts. This allows you to determine which channels are most effective in generating leads.
Conversion rate is a measure of how many visitors to your website do something, such as fill out a contact form or buy a product. This helps you determine which areas of your website are most effective at converting visitors into customers.
Customer retention is a measure of how many customers you retain over time. This allows you to determine if your marketing efforts are helping to keep customers loyal to your business.
Choosing a digital marketing agency is an important decision – one that can have a very positive impact on your business. But before you choose an agency, you must ask some important questions to make sure the agency is a good fit for your business. By asking these questions, you can assess an agency’s suitability and decide whether or not it’s worth entering into a long-term partnership with them.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?