Jehovah’s Witnesses are a Christian denomination known for their door-to-door preaching and their willingness to engage in religious discussions with people of other faiths. If you have ever had a Jehovah’s Witness knock on your door, you may have found yourself in a discussion for which you were not quite prepared.
To help you be better prepared for future encounters, we have compiled a list of questions you can ask Jehovah’s Witnesses the next time they come knocking. These questions are designed to create a dialogue and help you better understand the beliefs of this faith community.
52 Questions to ask Jehovah’s witness:
- What is the basis for your beliefs?
- Where does your authority come from?
- Who founded your religion?
- What are the main tenets of your faith?
- Do you believe in the Trinity?
- Who are the 144,000?
- Who are the anointed ones?
- Who is Jesus Christ, and what role does he play in your religion?
- Do you believe that Jesus is the only way to obtain salvation?
- How do you know that the Bible is true?
- Do you believe that the Bible is the only source of truth?
- What is salvation, and how do you believe I can attain it?
- What is heaven, and what will we do there according to your beliefs?
- What is hell, and who goes there according to your beliefs?
- What do you believe is the purpose of life?
- Do you believe that human beings are capable of goodness even without God?
- Do you believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus?
- Who wrote the Bible according to your religion?
- How do you interpret the Bible literally or figuratively?
- Do you have any religious texts other than the Bible? If so, what are they and where did they come from?
- Do you believe that the Bible is infallible? If not, why not?
- What is the role of women in your religion?
- What is the role of men in the faith of Jehovah’s Witnesses?
- Have any of your teachings changed over time? If so, why?
- Do you have any other religious texts or books that you consider sacred?
- What is your stance on social issues such as abortion, homosexuality, etc.?
- What do you believe happens to us when we die?
- What do you believe about family and marriage?
- Are there any requirements for salvation that I may not be aware of?
- How do you feel about organ donation? Is it something that Jehovah’s Witnesses are allowed to do?
- Can you tell me about the door-to-door work of Jehovah’s Witnesses?
- How often do you go door-to-door and witness?
- How can I be sure that I am saved according to your beliefs?
- Can I lose my salvation after accepting it according to your beliefs? If so, how can that happen?
- Why should I choose your religion over another religion or no religion at all?
- What advice would you give to someone interested in learning more about Jehovah’s Witnesses?
- What do you think is the most important thing people need to know about Jehovah’s Witnesses?
- What do you think is the most misunderstood thing about Jehovah’s Witnesses?
- Who can be a part of Jehovah’s Witnesses? Are there any requirements for membership?
- Are there any rules or guidelines that members must follow?
- How do you worship? What kinds of things do you do during worship services and meetings?
- Do you celebrate holidays? If yes, which ones?
- How do you handle disagreements within the organization?
- How are decisions made within the organization?
- Who is responsible for the organization?
- Where does your funding come from?
- What are your plans for the future?
- How many members are there worldwide?
- Do all members share the same beliefs?
- Is there any flexibility in what members believe?
- Can members leave the organization if they want to?
- What happens to members who leave the organization?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main points of Jehovah’s Witnesses?
There are many things that set Jehovah’s Witnesses apart from other religions, but some of the main points are their belief in the Bible as the ultimate authority, their understanding of God as a single being, and their focus on doing good works. Jehovah’s Witnesses also have unique ideas about the end times, which sets them apart from many other Christian denominations.
How do Jehovah’s Witnesses dress?
How do Jehovah’s Witnesses dress? Mainly, they wear modest clothing. This means that their clothing does not show too much skin and is not too tight or provocative. They also usually wear skirts or dresses that are below the knee. Many Witnesses opt for a similar style of clothing, which makes it easy to recognize them as Witnesses.
Are Jehovah’s witnesses increasing or decreasing?
It is hard to say for certain because the religion does not release official membership figures. However, many experts agree that religion is slowly but steadily growing. This could be due to several factors, such as the increasing popularity of religious alternatives like Christianity or Islam, or the fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses are seen as a more stable and trustworthy alternative to other religions.
What is the most important event for Jehovah’s Witnesses?
The most important event for Jehovah’s Witnesses is the annual Memorial of the death of Christ. This event commemorates the sacrifice Jesus made on behalf of humanity. It is an opportunity for Jehovah’s Witnesses to reflect on the significance of Christ’s death and reaffirm their devotion to Him.
Why Jehovah’s don’t celebrate Christmas?
There are many reasons why Jehovah’s Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas. One reason is that Christmas is not specifically mentioned in the Bible and is therefore considered a man-made holiday. Jehovah’s Witnesses also believe that Christmas is a celebration of pagan origin that has been falsely attributed to Christ.
Learning about different religions can be eye-opening and enlightening, and can also help build bridges between people of different faiths. If you’re interested in learning more about Jehovah’s Witnesses, these questions are a good place to start.
Remember to be respectful when asking these questions, and try not to get into arguments or debates – the goal is simply to learn and better understand what they believe and how they live their lives.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?