Deciding whether or not to join a sorority can be a tough decision. There are so many things to think about! But don’t worry, we’re here to help. To help you with your decision-making process, we’ve put together a list of important questions to ask any sorority you’re considering joining.
51 Questions you can ask a sorority:
- What is your sorority’s philanthropy?
- How often do you raise money for your philanthropy?
- What kind of events do you hold to support your philanthropy?
- What is the time commitment required of members?
- How much are dues?
- What does dues money go towards?
- What are sisterhood events like?
- What academic resources does your sorority offer?
- How does your sorority support members who are struggling academically?
- Does your sorority have any studying techniques or tips that they swear by?
- Does your sorority have any social media guidelines that members should follow?
- Can you tell me about a time when your sorority really came together to support one of its members?
- What kind of standards or expectations do members have to uphold in order to remain in good standing with the sorority?
- Does your sorority have any fun traditions that I could be a part of if I joined?
- What kind of alumnae support does your sorority offer its members?
- What is the membership process like?
- How long does membership last?
- Can you be kicked out for any reason?
- What are the expectations for new members?
- What are the rules and regulations of the sorority?
- What happens if you break a rule?
- What kind of sisterhood does the sorority promote?
- What are the values of the sorority?
- Does the sorority have any philanthropic or community service involvement? If so, what kind of projects do they typically do?
- Does the sorority have any social activities or events throughout the year? If so, what kind of events are typically are they formal, semi-formal, or informal?
- Does the sorority have any unique traditions or rituals that new members need to know about?
- Does the sorority have any sisterhood retreats or bonding activities throughout the year? If so, what kind of activities do they typically do during these retreats or bonding events?
- Is there anything else I should know about before making my decision to join this sorority?
- Can I talk to some current members of the sorority to get their perspectives on membership before making my final decision on whether or not to join?
- What are the membership requirements?
- What is the new member program like?
- Who are the officers and what are their roles?
- What is the sorority’s national affiliation?
- What are the financial obligations of membership?
- How many members are in the sorority?
- Does the sorority have a house? If so, can I live there?
- What is the average GPA of members?
- What are the most popular events/activities of the sorority?
- Is sisterhood important to members of the sorority? If so, how do sisters bond?
- Can I still be involved in other extracurricular activities if I join this sorority?
- What kind of academic assistance does the sorority offer its members?
- Are there any leadership opportunities available within the sorority?
- What are alumni doing after graduation? Do they stay involved with the sorority?
- What is the sorority’s history?
- What are the sorority’s core values?
- What kind of social events does the sorority host/attend?
- Is there an alumnae network I can tap into after graduation?
- How will being a member of this sorority enhance my college experience?
- How will being a member of this sorority help me beyond college?
- What are the expectations for sisterly bonding and relationships within the sorority?
- Is there anything else I should know about the sorority before making my decision?
Frequently Asked Questions
What to know before joining a sorority?
Many sororities have an extensive application process, so be sure you’re willing to put in the time and effort. Joining a sorority is also a big commitment: you’ll be expected to attend meetings, social events, and fundraisers. Plus, membership dues and fees can be expensive.
Can anyone join a sorority?
Yes, anyone can join a sorority. However, there are some requirements that must be met in order to join. To join, you must be a woman in good academic standing and meet the requirements of the particular sorority you wish to join.
What are the benefits of a sorority?
Sororities are a support system for women that provide a sense of community and friendship. They also provide opportunities for leadership development, scholarship assistance, and social activities. Some sororities are affiliated with national charities and provide opportunities for their members to become involved in their community.
Joining a sorority is a big decision – but it doesn’t have to be a daunting one! If you ask lots of questions and do your research, you can find the perfect sorority for you. And once you’re a member, you’ll have access to a great network of strong and successful women who will support you throughout your college and professional career!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?