Whether you want to get to know your parents better or you’re just curious about their lives, asking questions is a great way to show you care. And who knows, you might even learn something new! To get the conversation started, we’ve put together a list of fun questions you can ask your parents.
25 Questions to ask your parents about their life before:
- What was your favorite childhood memory?
- What are some of the things you were afraid of as a child?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
- What was your first kiss like?
- What were your teenage years like?
- Who was your celebrity crush when you were my age?
- Who was your first date and what did you do on that date?
- What was your prom like? Did you have a date or did you go with friends?
- What is your favorite song from your teenage years?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
- Did you ever get in trouble when you were younger? If so, for what?
- What was the best trip you ever took?
- Who are/were your closest friends in high school/college?
- How was your senior year in high school/college?
- How did you meet mom/dad?
- What was your wedding day like?
- What do you love most about mom/dad?
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to go through?
- What are some of your favorite family traditions?
- What’s your favorite family recipe?
- What would be your dream vacation destination?
- If you could go back and change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- What advice would you give me when I grow up?
- Have you ever attended school dances or other social events? If so, which ones and how did you experience them?
15 Questions to ask your parents about life:
- What has been the happiest time in your life?
- What has been your proudest moment as a parent?
- What has been your biggest challenge as a parent?
- What advice would you give to new parents?
- How do you think parenting has changed since you became a parent yourself?
- What do you think is the most important thing you can do as a parent?
- How do you think your relationship with your children will change as they get older?
- What are your hopes for your children’s future?
- How would you like to be remembered by your family and friends?
- What is the most important lesson you have learned in life?
- What advice would you give to your children or grandchildren?
- What legacy would you like to leave behind?
- What advice would you give to someone who is just starting in life?
- What are some of the biggest changes you have experienced in your life?
- If you could go back and do it all over again, would you do anything differently?
11 Questions to ask your parents to know them better:
- What was your favorite childhood toy?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- Who are some of your favorite family members?
- What is your favorite family story?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend?
- What is your favorite place to go on vacation?
- What are some of your favorite family stories?
- What are some of your favorite family photos?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you start a conversation with your parents?
One of the best ways to start a conversation with your parents is to find common ground. Find a topic you can both talk about that will make for an interesting conversation. You may also want to ask them how their day was or what they are working on. Whatever you do, make sure you are respectful and listen carefully to what they have to say.
How can I be more open with my parents?
One way to be more open with your parents is to talk to them about things that are going on in your life. This can include things like school, hobbies, and relationships. Another way to be more open with your parents is to let them know when you need help with something. This could be something like homework or a problem at school. You can build a closer relationship with your parents by being more open with them.
How can I have fun with my parents at home?
There are many ways to have fun with your parents at home. Some activities are games, movies, or just talking. Spending time together as a family is a great way to get to know each other and bond. You can also get creative and come up with your ideas for fun. Whatever you do, enjoy it and have some laughs together.
Asking questions is a great way to show that you care about your parents and their lives. And who knows, you might even learn something new in the process! So go ahead and give some of these a try next time you want something fun and interesting to talk about with your parents.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?