A wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event, so you want everything to be perfect – including the drinks! An experienced bartender can make all the difference when it comes to making sure your guests have a good time and the alcohol flows smoothly throughout the night.
58 Questions to ask a potential bartender before you book them for your big day:
- What is your experience?
- How long have you been bartending?
- What kind of events do you usually bartend?
- Have you ever worked at a wedding?
- What is your bartending style?
- What is included in your bartending services?
- Do you provide alcohol or do we have to get it ourselves?
- Do you provide mixers?
- Do you offer ice?
- What kind of glassware do you use?
- Will you be the only bartender working our wedding or will there be others?
- If other bartenders are working at our wedding, can we meet them beforehand?
- How will you dress for our wedding?
- Do you have any age restrictions for your services?
- What is the minimum age requirement to work with you?
- Are there any other requirements we need to be aware of?
- Do you have any recommendations on how we can best use your services?
- What would you say is your specialty drink?
- What is your availability?
- Would you be able to commit to working our wedding date if we decide to hire you?
- Do you have any weddings already booked that could potentially clash with our wedding?
- Would you be willing to undergo a background check?
- What is your hourly rate?
- Do you have any packages or discounts available?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- When is the final payment due?
- Would you be willing to stay longer if needed?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- Do you have a means of transportation?
- What type of liquor do you normally use?
- Do you have any dietary restrictions?
- What type of bar setup do you have? (e.g. portable, standard)
- Do you make custom beverages?
- What are your most popular wedding drinks?
- Can you give me an example of a custom drink you have made in the past?
- What do you think makes a good wedding cocktail?
- What is your favorite cocktail to make?
- How do you handle requests for special drinks that you cannot prepare?
- What do you do when someone requests a drink that is not on the menu?
- How do you handle requests for free drinks?
- What is your policy on tips?
- How do you handle guests who bring their alcohol to the event?
- Would you be willing to sign a contract?
- What do you think makes a good bartender?
- What would you do if you were faced with a difficult customer?
- What do you think is the best way to deal with guests who have had too much to drink?
- Do you have any tips on how to prevent guests from getting too drunk?
- What kind of alcohol do you think we should have at our wedding?
- How much alcohol do you think we will need for our wedding?
- What are your thoughts on having a champagne toast at our wedding?
- How would you proceed if you run out of a certain ingredient?
- What do you think is the most important thing to remember when bartending?
- How would you describe your personality?
- Are you comfortable working long hours on your feet?
- Do you have tattoos or piercings that will be visible at work?
- When would be the best time to contact you for a follow-up call or meeting?
- Is there anything else I should know about you or your services?
- Do you have any questions for me or us about our wedding bartending needs?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the important qualities of a bartender?
Good bartenders must have a broad knowledge of different types of alcohol and how to mix them. They must also be good with people, as they will need to be able to serve customers quickly and efficiently. It is also important that they can keep track of the amount of alcohol being served so that no one gets too drunk.
What is the important thing about bartending?
The important thing about bartending is making drinks correctly and efficiently. Bartenders must have a good knowledge of spirits and cocktails and know how to make them quickly. They also need to be able to keep the bar clean and organized and handle money and transactions.
What are the challenges of being a bartender?
One of the challenges of being a bartender is dealing with difficult customers. Sometimes people can be rude or demanding, and it is the bartender’s job to deal with them politely and professionally.
Bartenders also need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, as there is often a lot of work to be done in a short amount of time. They must be knowledgeable about different types of drinks and be able to prepare them quickly and correctly. Finally, bartenders must be able to keep track of their inventory and make sure they have enough supplies on hand.
Hiring a bartender for your wedding can make a huge difference in the overall flow and atmosphere of your reception – not to mention take a lot of stress off of you and your spouse! By asking the right questions ahead of time, you can ensure that everything runs smoothly on your big day and that you can relax and enjoy… Cheers!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?