A good relationship with your cleaning lady is important for a happy home. After all, this person comes into your home and spends a lot of time taking care of it – so it’s important that you find someone you can trust. But how do you know if you can trust someone? And how do you build a good rapport with this person?
The best way to do both is to ask the right questions. This will help you get to know them better and build a good relationship – one that’s based on trust, respect and communication.
58 Questions to ask a cleaning lady before you hire her:
- What made you decide to become a cleaning lady?
- What do you like most about this job?
- What do you like least about the job?
- What are your qualifications?
- Are you available for one-time cleanings or only regularly?
- What are your rates?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- Do you charge extra for additional services such as windows or carpet cleaning?
- Do you require a deposit?
- What is your policy on tipping?
- What services do you offer?
- What supplies will you use?
- Will you bring your own supplies?
- What products will you use?
- Do you use eco-friendly products?
- Do you need access to special equipment? (e.g. a ladder for high windows or shelves)
- Are you bonded and insured?
- Do you have any references?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
- What are the terms of your contract?
- What is your availability?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have any specialties?
- Do you offer a satisfaction guarantee?
- What are your methods for cleaning?
- What experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in cleaning homes?
- Do you have experience in cleaning homes with pets?
- Do you have experience cleaning homes with children?
- Do you have experience with clients with special needs?
- Do you have experience cleaning houses with allergies?
- Are you comfortable around pets?
- Do you have any special training?
- Have you ever used a vacuum cleaner?
- How well do you clean windows?
- Do you know how to dust furniture?
- Can you mop a floor without leaving streaks?
- How well can you clean bathrooms?
- Can you remove stains from carpets or upholstery?
- Are you familiar with green cleaning methods?
- Will you need access to keys or an alarm code?
- What is your policy on cancellations or rescheduling?
- Are you able to accommodate special requests or instructions?
- Can I request that certain tasks be completed on certain days?
- Do I have to be at home when you clean?
- If I am not at home when you’re scheduled to clean, can I leave payment for you?
- Is there anything you will not clean (e.g. windows, toilets)?
- Do you move furniture around when you clean?
- What is your policy if something is broken or gets damaged during a cleaning?
- Are there any circumstances in which you are unable to do the work I requested (e.g. bad weather, illness)?
- How long does it take for you to clean a typical 3-room house?
- What time of day do you typically clean houses?
- Do you work on weekends or holidays?
- Do you currently have any special offers or discounts?
- What should I do if I am not happy with something you have cleaned ( e.g., a missed spot)?
- Will I be able to reach you if I have an urgent question or cleaning request outside of our regular appointments?
- When is the best time to contact you if I have questions or concerns about my service?
- Have you ever had to deal with a difficult cleaning situation? If so, how did you handle it?
Frequently Asked Questions
How to prepare for a cleaning lady?
The best way to prepare for a cleaning lady is to keep all your belongings in one place. This will make it easier for her to clean your home on time. Also, make sure you have all the supplies she’ll need and put everything in its place. Lastly, make sure you put away all the breakable items so that she does not accidentally injure herself while cleaning.
What are the important skills and qualities a cleaning lady should have?
A cleaning lady should be able to thoroughly clean surfaces and floors and disinfect contaminated areas. She should be able to use the appropriate cleaning supplies and equipment safely and effectively. In addition, a good cleaning lady should be organized and efficient, able to work quickly and efficiently to get the job done.
What are the signs of a bad cleaning lady?
Signs of a bad cleaning lady may include coming late, not showing up at all, or not doing a good job. Other signs may include her leaving messes, taking things without asking, or being rude to clients. If you are having any of these problems with your current cleaning lady, it may be time to look for a new one.
Hiring a cleaning lady can be a great way to take some chores off of some chores and free up some time in your schedule. But it’s important to ask the right questions so you can find the perfect fit for your home and family – someone who is trustworthy, professional, and affordable. With this list of questions, you are guaranteed to find the perfect person for the job!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?