Are you currently planning an event for which you need a florist?
Every year, there are weddings, parties, and other events that take place around the world. While most people put a lot of thought into the flowers they want at their event, they do not always put the same thought into choosing a florist.
33 Questions to ask a florist:
- How did you become a florist?
- What kind of training or education do you have in floristry?
- What experience do you have in designing and creating flower arrangements?
- How long have you been in business?
- What style of flowers do you specialize in? (e.g. traditional, modern, rustic)
- What is your favorite flower?
- Do you have any specialties?
- What is the most popular type of flower arrangement you make?
- What type of events do you typically provide flowers for?
- What has been the most difficult event you have ever planned flowers for?
- What was your most memorable event?
- What do your services include?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- What methods do you use to care for your plants and flowers?
- Do you grow your own plants and flowers?
- Where do you get your plants and flowers?
- How often do you get new deliveries of plants and flowers?
- Have you ever done flowers for a Jewish/Muslim/Hindu/etc. wedding before? If so, what special arrangements have you made?
- What types of seasonal and locally grown flowers do you typically use for your designs?
- What are the most popular flowers requested by brides?
- What are the most popular flowers requested by grooms?
- What are the most popular flowers for funerals?
- What are the most popular flowers for anniversaries?
- What are the most popular flowers for birthdays?
- What are the most popular flowers for Mother’s Day?
- Do you also use artificial flowers or only fresh ones?
- If I want to include certain family traditions in my wedding flower arrangements (for example, my grandmother’s favorite flower), can you accommodate that request?
- Do you have any favorite flowers or flower combinations?
- What do you think are the most important elements of a good bouquet?
- What is your process for designing a bouquet?
- Do you have any tips for choosing the right flowers for a particular occasion?
- How can I make my bouquet last longer?
- Do you have any tips for choosing the perfect flowers for an event or occasion?
32 Questions to ask a florist before you hire them:
- How far in advance should I order flowers for an event?
- What flowers will be in season on my wedding day?
- Do you have pictures or examples of your previous work?
- How much are the flowers I need for my event?
- What is the minimum order size?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- When will the flowers be delivered?
- How long will the flowers last?
- What happens if I am not satisfied with the final product?
- Can you give me references upon request?
- Can you accommodate special requests?
- What is included in your design fee?
- Do I need to provide anything for you to create the arrangements (e.g. vases, etc.)?
- How many people will be working on my event?
- Do you calculate the cost of delivery and setup?
- Do you offer discounts for large orders or repeat orders?
- What are your refund/cancelation policies?
- Are there any hidden fees I should be aware of?
- Do you charge for consultations?
- What is included in a consultation?
- Can I visit your studio/greenhouse/warehouse?
- How many consultation appointments are included in my package?
- How many meetings will we have before the event date?
- Who will be my main contact throughout the planning process?
- Who will be on-site the day of my event to set up and take down the floral arrangements?
- When can I expect to hear back from you after I contact you regarding my event date and location information?
- What happens if my flowers arrive damaged?
- How far in advance of the wedding will the flowers be delivered and set up?
- Who will be responsible for setting up and taking down?
- What is your plan B in case of bad weather?
- Do you rent vases or other rental items? What is the cost of rental items?
Frequently Asked Questions
What to look out for when buying flowers?
When buying flowers, it is important to check the quality of the blooms and make sure they are fresh. Additionally, it is important to look at the overall condition of the plant and make sure there are no wilted or drooping leaves. Finally, check the price and make sure you are getting a good deal.
What is the basic rule in a flower arrangement?
The basic rule in flower arrangement is to create a pleasing balance of shapes and colors. You want to create visual harmony in your arrangement by using different types and colors of flowers. It is also important to make sure the flowers are arranged in a way that is visually appealing and easy to look at.
How do you negotiate with a florist?
When negotiating with a florist, it is important that you are clear about what you want. Make sure to describe the type of floral arrangement you are looking for, as well as the colors and other specific details. If you have pictures of arrangements that you like, you should bring them to the florist. It is also important to be flexible, as the florist may not be able to create an exact copy of the arrangement you want. Be prepared to discuss price and delivery options, and do not forget to tip your florist!
What makes a good florist?
There are a few important things that make a good florist. They must have a deep understanding of flowers, how to care for them, and how to create beautiful arrangements. They must also have a good eye for color and design, and be able to create arrangements that are both elegant and unique. Finally, they must be able to provide excellent customer service so that customers feel valued and appreciated.
Asking a prospective florist these questions will give you clarity on whether they are capable of handling your special event needs without any surprises later when it’s time to pay the bill or receive the final product on-site the day of delivery! Be sure to ask additional questions as they arise during the conversation so that all issues are resolved before the contract is signed! Good luck!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?