Getting your hair done can be a daunting task. You want to make sure you walk out of the salon with a hairstyle you love. The best way to do that is to come prepared with a list of questions to ask your stylist. We’ve put together a list of questions that will help you get the most out of your next hair appointment.
51 Questions to ask a hair stylist before entrusting them with your tresses:
- How long have you been in business?
- What types of hairstyles do you specialize in?
- Do you have any before and after photos I can look at?
- Have you worked with my hair type before?
- What products do you recommend for my hair type?
- What kind of maintenance will this style require?
- How much will it cost?
- What should I do to prepare for my appointment?
- Are there any hairstyles you don’t recommend to me?
- What other options are there if I don’t like the suggested style?
- What if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
- What is your refund/exchange policy?
- Do you offer any discounts or special promotions?
- What are your hours of operation?
- Do you have any appointments available today/tomorrow/this week?
- Can you provide references?
- What’s your preferred method of communication (phone, email, text)?
- What are your business hours?
- How do you handle cancelations or no-shows?
- Can I just drop in or do I need an appointment?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- What’s the average cost for your services?
- What’s included in the cost of your services (e.g. shampoo, blow dry, etc.)?
- Do you sell hair care products?
- If so, are there any discounts if I buy them from you?
- What’s your cancelation policy for hair care products?
- Are there any additional fees I should be aware of?
- Can you give me an idea of what the result will look like?
- How long will the cut/styling take?
- What products do you recommend for my hair type?
- Are tips accepted, and if so, how should they be paid (cash, check, etc.)?
- What is your policy on customer satisfaction?
- What should I do if I’m not satisfied with my service?
- What kind of products do you use?
- How long will my hair take to recover from a chemical treatment?
- What are some common hair care myths you’ve heard?
- What are some at-home care tips I can follow to maintain my hair between appointments?
- How often should I be getting my hair cut?
- How often should I be using shampoo and conditioner?
- What are some of the things I can do to prevent damage to my hair?
- What are some of the best treatments for damaged hair?
- How can I get rid of my dandruff?
- How can I get rid of split ends?
- What’s the best way to protect my hair from the sun and other environmental factors?
- What’s the best way to prevent color fade?
- What are some of the best tips for maintaining healthy hair?
- How would you describe your personal style?
- How do you keep up with the latest trends?
- Do you offer any other services, such as waxing or extensions?
- Do you charge extra for consultations?
- What are some signs that I need a new hairstyle?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you explain to your hairdresser what you want?
When you go to the hair salon, it can often be difficult to explain to your hairdresser exactly what you want. Sometimes we don’t know what hairstyle or cut suits us best, or we find it difficult to communicate our desired look to the hairdresser.
For you to effectively communicate to your hairdresser what you want, it’s important that you clearly state what type of style you desire. You can do this by looking at pictures of different hairstyles on the internet and bringing them to your appointment so that your hairdresser has a better idea of what you are hoping to achieve.
Also, descriptive wording and examples can help convey exactly what you want from your hairdresser. If you take these tips to heart, explaining your preferences and getting the perfect haircut should be a breeze!
How do you prepare for a hair consultation?
When preparing for a consultation, you must consider your client’s specific needs and concerns. This includes things like hair type, hair texture, styling preferences, and overall aesthetic goals.
You should research various hair products you can use to achieve the look you want, and be prepared to offer tailored recommendations based on your client’s needs. To prepare yourself for a successful hair consultation, it’s also important that you’re familiar with beauty industry trends and current fashion styles.
This way, you can advise your client on choosing the right cut or color that fits their individual style and preferences. Whether you’re working with a new client or an established one, a well-prepared consultation will help ensure that both you and your client get the best results.
What should you not wear to a hair appointment?
If you’re getting your hair done at the salon, you must dress appropriately. You should avoid wearing anything that might get in the way or that could potentially damage your hair.
For example, you shouldn’t wear tight or constricting clothing, as it can be uncomfortable and may make it more difficult for your stylist to work freely. You should also avoid wearing jewelry or accessories that may snag or tangle your hair, as this can cause serious damage and create a mess.
It’s important to think about what you wear to a hair appointment to have a positive and stress-free experience. By keeping these points in mind, you can ensure that your hair looks great and the hair appointment goes smoothly.
Choosing a hairstylist is an important decision! We hope this list of questions will make your decision easier the next time you need to book a hair appointment. Remember, the right stylist for you is someone who’s qualified, experienced, and can give you the look you want at a price you feel comfortable with!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?