LinkedIn is a powerful tool that can help you build your professional network and advance your career. But it’s not just about connecting with as many people as possible, it’s also about connecting with the right people. So how do you know if someone is worth connecting with on LinkedIn?
59 Questions to ask your LinkedIn connection that will help you get to know them better:
- What is your current role?
- What is the story behind your job title?
- What is your connection’s current job title and company?
- How long have you been in their current role?
- How have you grown professionally since you started your current role?
- What do you wish you had known when you started your career?
- Are you active in professional organizations or networking groups?
- Have you received any awards or recognition in your field?
- Have you published any articles or white papers?
- What skills and knowledge do you bring to your current role?
- What are the most important skills for success in your field?
- What does the job market look like for people in your field?
- What salary can someone expect to earn starting in your field?
- What are the most common tools or technologies used in your field?
- What are your career aspirations?
- What are your responsibilities?
- What are the biggest challenges you face in your role?
- What does a typical day look like for you?
- What are you working on right now and what are you particularly looking forward to?
- What has been your favorite project to work on so far?
- Can you give an example of a successful team project you have worked on?
- What is your company’s mission?
- What are the company’s values?
- What is the company culture like?
- What do you think sets your company apart from others in your industry?
- How did you get interested in [insert industry here]?
- Who are the people you admire in [insert industry here]?
- What was the most exciting thing that happened recently in [insert industry here]?
- How do you see the future of your industry?
- How do you see your business will change in the next few years?
- What is your career path been like?
- What have been the biggest challenges/highlights in your career so far?
- What is your favorite thing about your job?
- Are you satisfied with your current professional status? If not, what would you like to change?
- What was the proudest moment in your career so far?
- Have you ever made a career change? If so, why and how did it go?
- Who are the people you most admire in your company?
- Who are your mentors or role models in your field/industry?
- Do I know someone in your network who could be helpful to connect with (or vice versa)?
- Do you have any upcoming goals or projects that I could promote on my social media channels or blog?
- Are there skills or areas of knowledge you’re looking to develop further right now?
- What useful resources (books, websites, etc.) have you found in your field/industry?
- Have you attended any conferences or meetings related to your industry recently and how did you like them?
- Are there any conferences or events coming up soon that we should check out?
- Have you ever been discriminated against or treated in a biased manner in your field/industry because of your race/identity? If so, how did you handle it and what could have been done better by allies or the industry as a whole?
- Do you have any advice for people who want to work in your field/industry?
- Do you know of any job openings or companies that might be a good fit for me/us?
- Do you have any side projects or hobbies that you are passionate about outside of work?
- How do you like to network – online or offline?
- What groups or associations are you active in?
- Have you ever hired a coach or mentor? If so, what was the most helpful advice they gave you?
- Are there any books or articles you would recommend on (topic X)?
- How do you keep up with news and developments in your industry?
- Do you have any articles or blog posts we can look at?
- How have you used LinkedIn to advance your career?
- Who are some of the connections you’ve made on LinkedIn that have been particularly helpful to you?
- Which groups on LinkedIn do you find particularly valuable?
- Have you ever recruited someone through LinkedIn? If so, how did it go?
- Do you have any tips for using LinkedIn that you would like to share?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of a LinkedIn connection?
The purpose of the LinkedIn connection is to allow users to network with other professionals, find jobs, and find employees. LinkedIn is a great way to connect with people in your industry and learn more about what companies are looking for in a candidate.
How do you ask to connect with someone on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social media platform that allows users to connect with other professionals. If you want to connect with someone on LinkedIn, you can send them a connection request. To do this, open the person’s profile and click the Connect button. You can then enter the name of the person you want to connect with, and LinkedIn will search for them. If the person is already a LinkedIn user, you can send them a connection request.
Why are network connections important?
Network connections are important because they allow businesses to connect with other businesses and customers. This allows for the exchange of information and the development of relationships that can lead to sales and other opportunities. Network connections are also important for developing new ideas and finding new ways to improve one’s business.
What are the keys to good networking?
Networking is about building relationships. The key to good networking is to be genuine, interested in others, and helpful. It is important to take the time to get to know others and to respond when someone reaches out to you. When you need help, networking can be a great resource, so it’s important to be generous with your time and advice. By following these simple tips, you can build strong and lasting relationships through networking.
Asking questions is a great way to get to know someone better, and LinkedIn provides the perfect platform to do so. By asking thoughtful questions, you can build relationships with people who can help you achieve your career or business goals. So go ahead and reach out to those connections today!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?