You may have friends or relatives who are missionaries. Maybe you’ve met some in your church or your community. Maybe you’re even considering becoming one yourself! If you’re curious about the missionary lifestyle but don’t know where to start, this blog post is for you.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of questions you can ask missionaries. These questions will help you better understand what missionaries do, how they live, and what their experiences are.
57 Questions to ask that will give you a behind-the-scenes look at what life as a missionary is really like:
- What’s the best part of your day?
- What’s the hardest part of your day?
- How do you prepare for your service?
- What have you learned since becoming a missionary?
- Who supports you while you’re serving?
- How has your ministry impacted your faith?
- How did you prepare for your missionary service?
- Where are you currently serving as a missionary?
- Who do you work with daily?
- What inspired you to become a missionary?
- What are some of the most memorable moments of your time as a missionary?
- What challenges have you faced as a missionary?
- How has your faith been strengthened through your experiences as a missionary?
- What things have you learned about other cultures through your work as a missionary?
- In what ways have you been able to share your faith with others as a missionary?
- What were some of the greatest blessings you received as a result of your work as a missionary?
- How has your service as a missionary changed your perspective on life?
- What would you say is the most important thing to keep in mind when serving as a missionary?
- Who are some of the people you’ve met during your service as a missionary who has had the greatest impact on your life?
- What would you like to tell people about missionaries that they might not know?
- How can people support missionaries financially?
- How can people support missionaries emotionally and spiritually?
- How did you decide where to go on a mission?
- What does your typical day look like?
- How do you support yourself financially?
- How do you deal with homesickness?
- What are the people like where you live and work?
- What are some of the unique customs and traditions have you experienced since being on your mission?
- Have you experienced anything unexpected during your mission?
- How do you evangelize people who are resistant to hearing about Christianity?
- How do you maintain your spiritual and emotional health while serving as a missionary?
- How does your family stay involved in your life while you’re serving as a missionary?
- In what ways have you experienced God working through you as a missionary?
- Are there any funny stories or memorable moments from your time as a missionary that you can share?
- What special calling or mission did you sense God giving you?
- How did you prepare spiritually and practically for your role as a missionary?
- How has your relationship with God changed since you became a missionary?
- How do you share the Gospel with people who are skeptical or opposed to it?
- Who are you trying to reach with the gospel?
- What cultural adjustment difficulties have you experienced as a foreigner in another country?
- How do people usually react when they first hear about Jesus?
- How do you handle disappointment or discouragement?
- What role do short-term mission trips play in global missions?
- How has technology changed the way you do your work?
- What would you say is the most important thing to remember when serving as a missionary?
- Do you have some encouraging words for those who support missionaries through prayer and monetary donations?
- What are some of the spiritual dangers of serving as a missionary?
- How do you stay physically and spiritually healthy while working in a difficult or dangerous environment?
- In what ways can missionaries inadvertently do more harm than good?
- Are there certain groups of people that missionaries should pay special attention to when working with them?
- What challenges does the current political climate pose for missionaries?
- What are some current trends in a global mission that we should be aware of?
- What would people be surprised to learn about missionaries?
- Are there misconceptions about missionaries that you’d like to dispel?
- What are some of the ways people can get involved in mission work if they’re not called to be missionaries themselves?
- What advice would you give to someone who’s thinking about becoming a missionary?
- What’s the best way for people to pray for missionaries?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is expected of a missionary?
A missionary is expected to be a dedicated and selfless person who’s willing to devote his/her life to spreading his/her religion. They’re expected to lead by example and have a strong faith in what they believe.
A missionary must also have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as he or she will need to interact with people from all walks of life to effectively spread his or her message. In addition, a missionary must be able to remain calm under pressure, as he or she will often encounter challenges and obstacles to overcome during his or her work.
Overall, a missionary must be an adaptable, dedicated individual who’s committed to his/her cause and willing to make whatever sacrifices are necessary to help others find peace and meaning in their lives.
What is the positive impact of missionaries?
The positive impacts of missionaries are many and can be felt in many different areas. Perhaps most importantly, missionaries bring new knowledge and understanding to people around the world. They introduce people to new cultures, traditions, and religions and help them become more tolerant and accepting of others.
In addition, missionaries work tirelessly to provide aid to those who are suffering or in need, donating food, clothing, medicine, and other resources.
Finally, missionaries often help build schools and medical facilities in underdeveloped communities, which can have a long-term impact on the educational level and overall quality of life for residents. Overall, the positive impact of missionaries is immense and far-reaching, helping to improve lives around the world.
What can missionaries not do?
Missionaries are people who have dedicated their lives to spreading their religion and helping others in need. However, there are certain things that missionaries aren’t allowed to do, such as proselytizing or trying to convert people to their religion. They’re also not allowed to use force or intimidate people to convince them of their faith.
Missionaries must also abide by the laws and customs of the countries in which they work and respect the beliefs and traditions of their fellow missionaries. In general, missionaries can be an important resource for communities around the world, helping them through difficult times and providing much-needed support and guidance.
We hope this information will help spark conversations between missionaries and those who want to learn more about their work. Remember that missionaries are ordinary people who have been called by God to serve Him in this special way. They’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and appreciate your interest!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?