It can be difficult to figure out what being an adult is all about. One day you’re a carefree kid with little to worry about, and the next you’re bombarded with tax forms, student loans, and romantic relationship drama. If only there was a way to get answers to this confusing time in your life!
Luckily, there is. Just ask an adult! Grown-ups have been through it all before and are happy to pass on their wisdom to the younger generation.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of important questions you can ask adults about adulthood. Trust us, these answers will save you a lot of headaches later on.
54 Questions you can ask adults about adulthood:
- What are some things I should start doing now to prepare for adulthood?
- What are some things I should stop doing now that I’m an adult?
- How do I start saving money?
- How do taxes work?
- Should I start investing in stocks or mutual funds?
- How do I find an apartment/house that’s right for me?
- How do utility bills work?
- Do I have to pay utility bills all at once or can I set up a payment plan?
- What’s the best way to furnish my new place without breaking the bank?
- How do I cook simple meals that are still healthy and affordable?
- Is there anything wrong with living at home with my parents after college/university?
- What are some dos and don’ts for job interviews?
- How often should I be checking my credit score?
- What’s the best way to save for retirement?
- What are some key things to remember when buying a car?
- Should I get renter’s insurance?
- What are some red flags that indicate it’s time to break up with my significant other?
- How do student loans work? Do I have to start paying them back right away or can I wait until after graduation?
- What’s the best way to stay healthy without spending a lot of money on gym memberships or fancy workout gear?
- Is it worth it to splurge on designer clothes or is it better to stick with cheaper brands?
- How can I tell if someone is taking advantage of me financially?
- What are some steps I can take to improve my credit score?
- What is your relationship with your parents like?
- How did becoming an adult change your relationship with your parents?
- In what ways do you think society expects too much from adults?
- How has being an adult affected your mental health?
- How has being an adult affected your physical health?
- How do you stay healthy and fit?
- What are some things that surprised you about adulthood?
- What are some of the biggest challenges you face in adulthood?
- What do you wish you had known before becoming an adult?
- How do you balance work and your personal life?
- How do you manage your time and prioritize your tasks?
- How do you deal with stress and anxiety?
- How do you manage your finances?
- What are your thoughts on marriage and/or having children?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- How do you stay positive and optimistic despite life’s challenges?
- What are your career goals?
- Do you have any close friends or confidantes that you can rely on?
- Do you have any regrets in life? If so, what are they?
- What lessons have you learned from your mistakes?
- Are you happy with your current situation in life, or are there changes that you’d like to make?
- What advice would you give to someone who is about to enter adulthood?
- What do you think is the most important thing to remember about being an adult?
- What responsibilities do you have now that you didn’t have when you were younger?
- What are your thoughts on finances and saving for retirement?
- What have you found to be the most rewarding aspects of adulthood?
- What do you think are the biggest mistakes people make in adulthood?
- How did you choose your career path?
- What do you think are the most important relationships for adults to maintain?
- What changes have you had to make in your lifestyle since becoming an adult?
- What skills have you had to learn in order to be successful in your career?
- Do you own a home or rent an apartment? If so, how did you go about finding a place to live and what were some of the challenges you faced during the process?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some challenges of growing up?
One of the many challenges of growing up is learning how to deal with change. As children, we are constantly changing and growing. This can be both exciting and scary as we learn to navigate new waters, both literally and figuratively.
We have to learn to deal with life’s ups and downs, figure out who we are, and try to find our place in the world. This can be difficult, especially when things don’t go the way we planned, or when we feel like we don’t belong.
It’s important to remember that everyone goes through these struggles at some point and that it’s okay to ask for help when we need it.
What are adults expected to do?
One of the expectations placed on adults is to be role models for the younger generation. They are expected to act responsibly, set a good example, and teach the importance of values and morals.
Adults are also responsible for providing for their families and contributing to society. They are expected to work hard and make wise decisions that benefit not only themselves but also their loved ones and the community.
Adulthood doesn’t have to be a big mystery! If you ask adults about their experiences, you’ll get sound advice that will help you navigate through this confusing time in life. Trust us, you’ll thank us later!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?