Nothing breathes life into a sleepover quite like a game of good old-fashioned question-and-answer. It’s the ultimate way to break the ice, delve into deep discussions, and fill the room with laughter among the glow-in-the-dark stars and bundled-up blankets.
Whether you want to uncover secrets, unravel mysteries, or simply indulge in silly scenarios, this list is your go-to guide for sleepover success. Get ready to make your next sleepover the talk of the friend group!
Ice Breakers for New Friends
- What’s one thing you’ve done that you think everyone should try at least once?
- If you could have any celebrity join our sleepover, who would it be?
- What’s your go-to song when you want to feel pumped or happy?
- What are three words you’d use to describe yourself?
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
- Which fictional character would you love to be friends with in real life?
- If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
- What’s your most unusual talent?
- Do you have any secret skills or hidden talents?
- What’s your favorite meme, and why does it crack you up?
- If your life was turned into a movie, who would you want to play you?
- What’s the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
- Have you ever met anyone famous, and what were they like?
- If you could teleport anywhere right now, where would you go?
- If you could only eat one snack for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Deep Dive into Personal Interests
- What hobby makes you lose track of time?
- If you could start a charity, what cause would it support?
- Which book has changed your perspective on life?
- What’s something you want to learn but haven’t gotten around to yet?
- What’s your favorite tradition or holiday, and why?
- If you organized a festival, what kind would it be, and what would you call it?
- What’s a skill you’ve picked up during the pandemic?
- Who inspires you the most in your life?
- What passion project are you working on right now?
- If you could only listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
- What has been your most challenging project or hobby?
- What’s the next item on your bucket list?
- Do you have a favorite childhood book or story?
- Is there an instrument you wish you could play?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a lazy day?
Fun and Silly Hypotheticals
- What would be the first thing you’d do if you woke up as a dog tomorrow?
- What would your superhero name be, and what powers would you have?
- If you could combine two animals to create the ultimate pet, which would you choose?
- If you could swap lives with a cartoon character for a day, who would it be?
- If your life was a movie genre, would it be a comedy, drama, action, or sci-fi?
- If you had an entrance theme song play every time you walked into a room, what would it be?
- If you had to wear one color for the rest of your life, what color would it be?
- What’s the most bizarre topping you would try on pizza?
- If you could only keep three apps on your phone, which would you choose?
- Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?
- If you could be an Olympic athlete, which sport would you compete in?
- If you could have a magical power every time you sneezed, what would it be?
- If you found a genie, what frivolous wish would you make?
- If you could live in any TV show, which would it be?
- Would you rather have fingers for toes or toes for fingers?
Revealing Truths for Besties
- What’s one secret you’ve kept from your parents?
- What’s your most treasured memory of us?
- What’s a lesson you’ve learned the hard way?
- Have you ever had a dream about one of us you’re willing to share?
- What’s an unpopular opinion you’re not afraid to admit?
- What’s the kindest thing someone has ever done for you?
- What’s something silly that you’re surprisingly scared of?
- What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken for a friend?
- If you wrote a book about your life, what would this chapter be called?
- What’s the most significant way I’ve impacted your life?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- What goal have you set recently, and how do you plan to achieve it?
- What’s the most trouble you’ve gotten into as a kid?
- What’s a compliment you received that you’ve never forgotten?
- What do you value the most in our friendship?
Dreamy Pillow Talk Queries
- If you could dream about anything tonight, what would it be?
- What’s the most peaceful place you can imagine visiting in your dreams?
- Do you believe dreams can predict the future?
- Have you ever had a recurring dream? What was it about?
- When you’re having a hard day, where do you wish you could escape to in your dreams?
- If you could send anyone a message through a dream, who and what would you say?
- What dream have you given up on that you wish you hadn’t?
- What kind of dreams do you usually have: color, black and white, silent, loud?
- What do you do to ensure a good night’s sleep and sweet dreams?
- Have you ever had a lucid dream? What did you do in it?
- If you could have a dream dinner party, which three people would you invite?
- Do you believe some people dream in a different language?
- If you could swap dreams with someone for a night, who would you choose?
- What’s the most vivid dream you can remember?
- If your dreams could be broadcasted on TV, would you be embarrassed or excited?
Blast from the Past
- What’s a past trend you’d love to bring back?
- Which historical figure would you love to chat with at our sleepover?
- What’s your favorite nostalgic song that takes you back to younger days?
- If you could go back to any age for a day, which would it be and why?
- What’s an old movie or TV show you can watch over and over again?
- What was your favorite childhood toy or game?
- If you could relive one year from your past, which would it be?
- What’s a piece of advice you would give your younger self?
- Which past decade do you think you would have thrived in?
- What’s your most memorable birthday party from when you were a kid?
- Have you held onto anything from your childhood that’s still special to you?
- What’s the craziest hairstyle or fashion trend you’ve rocked?
- What were you known for in high school or middle school?
- What’s a memory from the past that always makes you smile?
- If we could take a trip back in time, where and when would we go?
- What’s one thing you’re looking forward to in the next year?
- If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?
- Where do you see yourself living in 10 years?
- What’s a skill or hobby you want to pick up in the future?
- If you were to start a new trend, what would it be?
- What kind of technology do you hope will be invented in the next decade?
- What’s something you hope you’ll never change about yourself?
- If you could see the future of any one thing (like a TV show, a friendship, etc.), what would it be?
- Do you have a plan for your dream career?
- What’s a major goal you’re gunning for?
- What does your dream retirement look like?
- If you could send a message to yourself 10 years from now, what would it be?
- What’s an issue you hope the world will solve by the time you’re old?
- If you had to predict the next big thing, what would it be?
- Where do you hope our friendship will be in the future?
Pop Culture Pop Quiz
- Who’s your undisputed, all-time favorite band or artist?
- If you could live in the world of any book, TV show, or movie, where would you choose?
- Which reality TV show do you think you’d totally win?
- What’s a song that you’re embarrassed to love?
- Who’s your celebrity crush, and why?
- If you could have coffee with any living author, who would it be?
- Which movie has the best ending you’ve ever seen?
- If you were a famous influencer, what would your brand be about?
- What’s the most binge-worthy series you’ve watched?
- Which famous person’s Twitter would you take over for a day, and what would you tweet?
- What’s the weirdest fan theory you’ve heard about your favorite show?
- Have you ever been so obsessed with a movie that you saw it multiple times in the theater?
- What’s a classic movie or show you’re ashamed to admit you’ve never seen?
- If you could perform any song on a talent show, what would it be?
- Who do you think is the most overrated band or artist?
Food for Thought
- If you had to cook us dinner right now without a recipe, what would you make?
- What’s the weirdest food combination you actually enjoy?
- If you had to eat the same breakfast every day for a year, what would it be?
- What’s the most memorable meal you’ve ever had, and why?
- If you opened your own restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?
- What’s one ingredient you can’t stand in any food?
- If you could only eat the cuisine of one country forever, which would it be?
- Have you ever eaten something and then regretted it?
- What exotic food would you love to try but haven’t yet?
- If you were a vegetable, which one would you be and why?
- Do you prefer sweet or savory breakfast dishes?
- What food do you cook the best?
- Would you ever participate in a competitive eating contest?
- If your personality was a flavor, what would it be?
- Which fictional character’s diet would you want to adopt for a week?
Ghost Tales and Spooky Questions
- Do you believe in ghosts or spirits? Why or why not?
- What’s the spookiest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- Would you rather spend a night in a haunted house or graveyard?
- If you could communicate with any historical figure’s ghost, who would it be?
- What’s your favorite scary movie or horror story?
- Have you ever played with an Ouija board? What was your experience like?
- Do you have any superstitious beliefs or rituals?
- If you could have any mythical creature as a pet, which would you choose?
- What’s a horror trope you find utterly ridiculous?
- Have you ever had a premonition or a dream that came true?
- If you were a ghost, who would you haunt and why?
- What’s the best costume you’ve ever had for Halloween?
- Do you prefer psychological thrillers or supernatural horror films?
- Have you ever explored an abandoned place? What did you find there?
- If you were in a horror movie, do you think you’d be the first to go, the survivor, or the hero?
Frequently Asked Questions
What topics should I avoid asking during a sleepover?
Avoid questions that might be too personal or sensitive unless you are very close and understand each other’s boundaries. The primary goal is to ensure everyone is comfortable and having a good time.
How can I ensure that everyone is comfortable answering questions at a sleepover?
Create an inclusive atmosphere by emphasizing that everyone can pass on a question if they are uncomfortable answering. Also, start with lighter topics and follow the group’s lead on how deep or personal the questions can go.
What if someone gets upset or embarrassed during the game?
If a question hits a sensitive note, immediately switch to a more neutral topic or suggest taking a break with a different activity. Reassure them that it’s all in good fun and there are no hard feelings. Kindness and empathy should always be at the heart of the interaction.
As the night fades into the softer hues of dawn and the whispers turn to yawns, you’ll find that the right questions have turned acquaintances into confidants and best friends into family. These curated sleepover questions aren’t just about passing the time—they’re about creating bonds that last long after the sleeping bags are rolled up.
So the next time you’re nestled in your fortress of pillows and blankets, remember that the stories shared and memories made are the secret ingredients to the magic of sleepovers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?