Have you ever been in a situation where you tried to make small talk but the conversation fizzles out after a few minutes? It can be awkward and frustrating, especially if you’re shy or an introvert. Small talk doesn’t have to be difficult, though. With a little practice and the right techniques, you can become a pro at making conversation.
One of the best ways to keep a conversation going is to ask questions. Not only does this give you something to say, but it also shows that you’re interested in the person you’re talking to.
36 Questions you can ask the next time you want to keep a conversation going:
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your favorite music genre?
- What’s your favorite band?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- What’s your favorite sport?
- What is your favorite season?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What’s your favorite movie genre?
- What’s your favorite way to relax?
- What do you like to do on weekends?
- What did you do last weekend?
- What are your plans for next weekend?
- Do you have anything exciting planned for next summer?
- Where did you go on vacation last summer?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- Do you have any pets?
- What kind are they and what are their names?
- Is there something that always cheers you up when you feel down?
- What would be your dream vacation destination?
- What is something you are really afraid of?
- What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?
- Who is someone you admire and why?
- Do you have any close friends from your childhood with whom you are still in touch?
- What was the best year of your life so far and why?
- Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where did you go and how did you like it there?
- Do you have any funny stories from your childhood?
- What do you do for a living now? Do you like it?
- What did you want to be when you were little?
- What do you think you will be doing in ten years?
- What are your biggest goals in life?
- If you could go back and relive any moment of your life, what would it be?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If not, would you ever get any?
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make the conversation more interesting?
One way to make a conversation more interesting is to ask open-ended questions that require more than a simple yes or no answer. This gives your conversation partner the opportunity to share more about themselves, which can lead to interesting discussions.
You can also try sharing some of your own experiences and stories to keep the conversation going. By staying engaged and interested in the conversation, you ensure that it remains interesting for both of you.
What are some deep topics to talk about?
Some ideas are discussing the meaning of life, discussing religious beliefs, or exploring philosophical concepts. These topics can be difficult to talk about, but they can also be very engaging and thought-provoking.
They can help you learn more about your friends and family, and they can provide a lot of interesting discussions. If you are looking for a topic of conversation that will get people thinking, consider one of these deep topics.
What is a fun conversation?
A conversation can be fun if it is stimulating and engaging. This can include sharing stories, telling jokes, or discussing interesting topics. Being interested in what the other person is saying makes the conversation more fun. It can be a great way to get to know someone better and build rapport. Having a fun conversation can lighten the mood and make a situation more pleasant.
In today’s fast-paced world, it can be difficult to spend the time (and energy) to really get to know people beyond the surface. However, if we make the effort to connect with others on a deeper level, it can pay off in both our personal and professional lives by building strong relationships based on trust and mutual understanding. So the next time you do not know what to say, consider asking these questions to keep the conversation going.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?