If you’re lucky enough to have a regular one-on-one meeting with your CEO, congratulations! These types of meetings aren’t only rare, but also an invaluable opportunity to gain insight into the mindset of your company’s leaders.
To help you make the most of your next meeting, we’ve put together a list of questions that will give you insight into your CEO’s thinking on everything from company culture to strategies for success.
64 Questions to ask your CEO about the company:
- What is the company’s history?
- What are the company’s core values?
- What is the company’s mission statement?
- What are the long-term goals for the company?
- Where does the company see itself in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years?
- How did the company get started?
- Who are the major shareholders/stakeholders in the company?
- Who are the members of the Board of Directors?
- How is the management structured?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the company?
- What opportunities and threats does the company face?
- Who are our biggest competitors and what do they do differently from us?
- How does our product/service compare to our competitors?
- What is the company’s competitive advantage?
- What is the company’s market share?
- How is the company positioned in the market?
- What is the company’s brand identity?
- How is the company marketed?
- What are the biggest challenges for the company?
- How does the company deal with these challenges?
- What is your growth strategy?
- How do you deal with adversity or setbacks?
- How do you deal with difficult situations or people?
- How do you communicate with your employees?
- How often do you give feedback?
- How do you motivate your employees?
- What is the employee turnover rate?
- How satisfied are employees with their work?
- How do you deal with conflicts within the organization?
- What are your thoughts on risk-taking?
- What do you think is our most important asset?
- How does our company earn money?
- What are the company’s expenses?
- What is the company’s profit margin?
- How much debt does the company have?
- What are our quarterly/annual sales figures?
- How much profit did we make in the last quarter/year?
- Are we listed on the stock exchange or privately owned?
- If we are listed, what is our stock exchange code?
- Who are our major customers/clients?
- Who are the company’s major suppliers?
- What is the company’s pricing strategy?
- What is the company’s distribution strategy?
- What is the company’s promotional strategy?
- What does the company’s product mix look like?
- What are the company’s distribution channels?
- What is the company’s advertising and sales promotion strategy?
- Where do most of our customers/clients come from (geographically)?
- What are your thoughts on change?
- How do you keep up with changes in the industry?
- What do you think makes our company unique?
- How do you inspire innovation?
- How can we foster a culture of innovation?
- How does the company plan to generate new revenue streams?
- How does the company plan to develop new markets?
- How does the company plan to expand its product range?
- How does the company plan to increase its customer base?
- How does the company plan to increase its market share?
- Are we achieving our goals?
- Why do you think our stock price is (or isn’t) doing well?
- How are we doing compared to the last quarter/year?
- Can you give us an update on our latest product launch/new initiative?
- How does the company culture contribute to its success?
- What role does corporate social responsibility play in the company’s operations and strategy?
15 Questions to ask your CEO about the plans for the company:
- What are the company’s growth plans?
- What are the company’s expansion plans?
- What are the company’s plans for new products or services?
- What are the company’s plans for marketing and advertising?
- What are the company’s plans for customer service?
- What are the company’s plans for human resources?
- What plans does the company have for information technology?
- What are the company’s plans for research and development?
- What are the company’s plans for financial management?
- What are the company’s plans for risk management?
- What are the company’s plans for legal compliance?
- What are the company’s plans for environmental compliance?
- What are the company’s plans for safety and security?
- What are the company’s plans for supply chain management?
- What are the company’s plans for sustainability?
11 Questions to ask your CEO:
- Who are your role models?
- What books have you read that have influenced your thinking?
- How have you developed as a leader over the years?
- What are some of the most important lessons you have learned in business?
- How do you give back to the community?
- How do you deal with criticism?
- Can you give me an example of a difficult situation you faced and how you handled it?
- Do you have any regrets in your business life?
- If so, what are they?
- What are some of the most important lessons you have learned as CEO?
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to become a CEO one day?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the role of a CEO?
The role of a CEO (Chief Executive Officer) is to oversee the operations of a company and make decisions that will benefit the company in the long run. They are responsible for ensuring that the company is profitable and meets its goals. CEOs also work with other executives and employees to create a vision for the company and develop strategies to achieve that vision.
What skills are needed for a CEO?
First, CEOs must have strong leadership skills. They must be able to motivate and inspire their team, make difficult decisions, and deal with difficult situations. CEOs must also have strong business acumen. They must be able to understand financial reports, make strategic decisions, and grow their business. Finally, CEOs must be able to communicate effectively. They must be able to give presentations, write well, and communicate effectively with their team and customers.
What makes a CEO successful?
There is no one answer for what makes a CEO successful, but there are a few key traits that are often found in successful CEOs. A successful CEO is usually a good leader and can inspire their team to achieve great things. They are also usually very strategic thinkers and can see the big picture. They are also usually very good at problem-solving and can handle difficult situations. Finally, a successful CEO is usually very passionate about their work and is motivated by more than just money.
Asking thoughtful, insightful questions during your one-on-one meeting with your CEO is a great way to gain unique insights into the inner workings of your company and the leader’s thoughts.
By asking probing questions about everything from company culture to strategic decision-making, you’ll emerge from your conversation with a better understanding of what makes not only your CEO but also what makes your company tick. And that’s invaluable information for anyone who wants to make a difference in their company.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?