Whether you’re curious about what went wrong or you just want closure, it can be helpful to reach out to your ex-best friend and ask some questions. However, you must approach this conversation with caution and avoid coming across as judgmental, condescending, or angry. Instead, try to be respectful and understanding. With that in mind, here are some questions you can use.
31 Questions you can ask your ex-best friend:
- What caused the friendship to end?
- Do you think there was anything that could have been done to save the friendship?
- Do you miss the friendship?
- What are your thoughts on our shared memories?
- Do you have any regrets?
- What did you like about being friends?
- What did you not like about our friendship?
- Did you ever feel like you were being used or taken advantage of?
- Did you feel like there was an unequal balance of effort put into the friendship?
- What do you think about me? Be honest.
- Was there anything you didn’t like about me?
- Do you still consider me a friend?
- Would you be willing to make things right and rekindle the friendship?
- What would have to happen for that to happen?
- What would have to change for that to happen?
- What was your favorite memory of our friendship?
- How do you think our friendship would have turned out if we’d stayed friends?
- Have I done anything since we became ex-friends that made you uncomfortable or upset?
- What role do I play in your life now?
- Is there anything you want to apologize for?
- Is there anything you want me to apologize for?
- What have we learned from each other?
- Who are your new friends?
- How did not being friends make you feel?
- How did this affect your other relationships?
- How do you feel about forgiveness?
- Do you still have any of my things?
- Can I have them back?
- What’s new in your life?
- Is there anything else you want to say or ask?
- I miss you. Can we please try to be friends again?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is important in a friendship?
Respect, trust, and communication are the most important ingredients. If you have that in your friendship, you have a strong foundation. Friends are there for each other, in good times and bad. They offer support and share memories. Friends can make you laugh and make you happy. They are the people you can count on to be there for you.
What can end a friendship?
A friendship can end for a variety of reasons. Some friends may drift apart, others may have a falling out. Whatever the reason, it can be difficult to go through a breakup with a friend. You may feel like you’ve lost a part of yourself or that you no longer have anyone to lean on.
It’s important to remind yourself that you aren’t alone and that there are other people out there who want to be your friends. Take some time for yourself and don’t be afraid to reach out to others for support.
How do you mend a broken friendship?
One way is to simply apologize for whatever wrong one may have done to their friend. Another way is to reach out to one’s friend and try to repair the friendship. Sometimes it just takes a little effort on both sides to mend a broken friendship.
If someone is truly sorry for what one did and their friend is willing to forgive them, then the friendship can be repaired. However, if one’s friend does not want to talk or forgive, the friendship may be beyond repair.
Losing a best friend is hard, but it doesn’t mean the door is closed forever. If you’re having a hard time moving on, you should try to have an open and honest conversation with your former best friend. By asking those tough questions, you may be able to get the closure you need – and maybe even find yourselves back to being best friends again someday!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?