You’ve just started a new job and feel a bit like a fish out of water. That’s perfectly normal! It’s not easy getting to know a new group of people and figuring out how you all are going to mesh together.
It can take some time to get used to a new work environment and get to know your coworkers. You want to make sure you get along with your coworkers and have a good working relationship with them. To help you do that, we’ve put together a list of questions you can use.
22 Questions that will help you get to know your new coworkers better:
- What’s your name?
- Where are you from?
- What’s your role here?
- What do you like best about your job?
- What do you like least about your job?
- Do you have any hobbies outside of work?
- How long have you been working at the company?
- What are you working on at the moment?
- What are your career goals?
- What do you think is the most challenging part of your job?
- What made you decide to work in this industry?
- What do you think about the company?
- What’s something you’re passionate about?
- How do you like to spend your weekends?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your favorite music genre?
- What’s your favorite band?
- What’s your favorite sports team?
- What was your previous job?
- How do you deal with stress?
- Do you have any advice for someone starting a new job?
20 Questions you should ask your new coworkers about the company:
- What is the company’s history?
- How did the company come to be in its current state?
- What are the main products or services of the company?
- Who are the company’s primary customers?
- What is the competitive landscape of the company?
- Who are the company’s major competitors?
- What is the company’s competitive advantage?
- What’s the number of employees of the company?
- Where are the company’s employees located?
- What is the average tenure of employees at the company?
- What is the company culture like?
- What are the benefits of working for the company?
- What are the company’s core values and how are they taken into account in decision-making?
- How is the company culture different from other companies you’ve worked for?
- What are the biggest challenges the company is currently facing?
- What are the company’s long-term goals? Where does it want to be in 5 or 10 years?
- How do the individual employees contribute to the company’s success?
- What makes this company a great place to work?
- How does the company handle performance reviews and feedback?
- What should I do if I have a problem with a coworker or supervisor?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you keep a conversation with coworkers?
Try to take an interest in what they are saying: no one likes to talk to someone who isn’t listening to them.
Avoid interrupting them: Let them finish their thoughts before you jump in.
Practice active listening: Paraphrase what you heard to make sure you understood them correctly.
Be mindful of your tone and body language: avoid crossing your arms or rolling your eyes, and try to sound interested in what they are saying.
How can you impress your new coworkers?
Be friendly and approachable. Make an effort to introduce yourself and learn their names, and ask them about their work and what they like about working at the company. If you have common interests, be sure to mention them.
You can also show that you’re committed to your work by being a team player and offering to help with tasks that need to be completed. This way, you’ll make a good impression and create a positive atmosphere at work.
These questions are a great way to learn more about your coworkers and build a relationship with them! Don’t be afraid to ask follow-up questions too if something someone says piques your interest. Hopefully, this gives you a little more confidence for your first day on the job!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?